Sigma continues to deliver with its heralded ART lens line. The 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens is a superb portrait lens, delivering amazing compression and smooth bokeh. For photographers considering an upgrade, the lens is an excellent choice.
The Sigma 135mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens is ideally suited for studio photography, portrait photography, and event photography. Below are several key features:
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is ideal for shooting in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements work to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- The lens elements are coated with a super multi-layer coating to minimize lens flare and ghosting.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) delivers quick and quiet autofocusing.
- The optimized AF algorithm provides smoother focusing performance and also allows full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability, which is particularly useful when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
The lens is also built to last. It is constructed of a thermally-stable composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The bayonet mount is constructed from brass to ensure durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
The lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs; when used on DX models, it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length. Connecting with the optional Sigma USB Dock allows users fine tune different lens settings and update the firmware.